The Scala CLI makes it easier to compile, run, test, and package Scala code.
- compile Scala code
- run it
- package it as a JAR file, or in formats such as deb, rpm, MSI, ...
- fire up a REPL, letting you quickly play with the code
- compile and run tests suites
... and more!
Scala CLI supports most recent Scala versions (
2.12.x), and changing the Scala version as easy as providing the
--scala parameter. (See the cookbook for more information.)
Prefer another way to install Scala CLI? See our Advanced installation guide.
Scala-CLI documentation is split into three main sections:
- Getting started, where you learn how to start with Scala CLI
- Commands, where you learn the most important Scala CLI commands
- Guides, where you can read about the core aspects of Scala CLI, and learn how Scala CLI interacts with other tools, like your IDE
- Scala CLI Cookbook, where you can learn how to solve specific problems with Scala CLI
Happy hacking with Scala CLI!